This review will focus on the HOBOT Legee-669 model, which is part of a line of three washing robotic vacuum cleaners: Legee-668, 669 and 688… The robot in question differs from its “brothers” in a number of technical parameters (suction power, area to be cleaned, noise level, battery life), as well as in cost: 500 dollars versus 600 dollars for the 668th model and 650 dollars for the 688th model. HOBOT Legee 669 is intended for cleaning smooth floor coverings, including: tiles, tiles, stone, parquet, laminate, linoleum, etc. It can not only clean the floor of dust, sand, hair and wool, but also pick up larger debris such as rice, peas and bread crumbs. And thanks to the full function of wet cleaning, the robot vacuum cleaner will be able to wipe even dried stains of dirt from the floor surface without leaving wet marks. Therefore, it can be safely attributed to the category of washing robotic vacuum cleaners….
An overview of the components included in the delivery of the HOBOT Legee 669:
- The robot vacuum cleaner itself.
- Stationary charging base.
- Power cable.
- Remote control.
- Filters (3 pcs.).
- Side brushes (3 pcs.).
- Nozzles (4 pcs, 2 of them are spare).
- Measuring container for water.
- Separate wipes for wet and dry cleaning.
- Brush for cleaning the dust container.
- User manual.
HOBOT complete set
The robot vacuum cleaner is made of black plastic and has a D-shaped body, which allows you to sweep debris even from hard-to-reach places, including the space along the walls and in the corners.
When looking at the device from above, we see only two control buttons and a lid, under which there is a trash can and a water tank.
View from above
There is a protective bumper at the front of the robot, and contact pads for automatic charging of the battery at the docking station are located at the back.
On the bottom of the HOBOT Legee 669 there are tracks for moving the robot on the surface, a side brush, a suction port, a micro-drip water spraying system, as well as two movable platforms with wipes for dry and wet cleaning.
Next, we propose to consider a brief overview of the technical and operational characteristics of the HOBOT Legee-669 robot vacuum cleaner:
|Cleaning type||Dry and wet|
|Battery capacity||2750 mAh|
|Working hours||Up to 70 min.|
|Charging time||About 180 min.|
|Cleaning area||100 to 120 m 2|
|Suction power||1800 Pa|
|Travel speed||20 cm / s|
|Bagless Dust Collector Capacity||500 ml|
|Tank capacity for liquid||320 ml|
|Dimensions (edit)||340x330x95 mm|
|Noise level||60 dBA|
What is the Legee navigation system on the HOBOT 669 Robot Vacuum Cleaner? This is a joint work of laser sensors, a steering angle sensor, a gyroscope, an electronic compass and other sensors.
Thanks to such a navigation system, the robot vacuum cleaner is able to plan the cleaning route, rationally consuming the battery power, and also minimizing the battery life. The robot determines its current position in space and the distance to nearby objects, and also builds a map of the room using the SLAM method, which allows it to avoid collisions and falls from a height.
The HOBOT Legee-669 robotic vacuum cleaner performs cleaning and mopping using a patented 4-step technology called “FastBrush”:
- The vacuum cleaner sucks in small debris, pet hair and hair, directing them into a 500 ml dustbin with a mesh filter and a HEPA filter, which thoroughly purifies the exhaust air.
- The drive mechanism with reciprocating movements of rags on movable platforms at ten vibrations per second creates an imitation of the movement of human hands to clean the floor from dried stains.
- Micro-droplet spraying of water through special nozzles from a tank with a capacity of 320 milliliters allows you to soften very old stains that cannot be removed by dry wiping the floor.
- The back cloth allows you to wipe the floor dry and absorb any remaining moisture while polishing the surface.
Operating modes of the washing robot vacuum cleaner HOBOT Legee-669:
- zigzag – the device moves along a zigzag path, clearing the entire available area of the room;
- perimeter – HOBOT Legee-669 moves only along skirting boards and furniture, as well as clearing debris from corners;
- automatic – is a combination of the two previous modes, in which the robot first scans the space, then switches to the “Zigzag” mode, and at the end cleans the floor around the perimeter.
It is important to note the improved automatic mode for cleaning large rooms: to optimize and improve the quality of cleaning, the vacuum cleaner divides a large room into sections, passing them along a zigzag path, and only then proceeds to cleaning around the perimeter.
HOBOT Legee-669 features high suction power (1800 Pa), long service life and low noise level thanks to the high-performance brushless vacuum motor and metal fan impeller.
You can download the instruction manual from the manufacturer by following the link: instructions for Legee-669 .
Advantages and disadvantages
- D-shaped body.
- Decent suction power.
- Unique 4-step floor cleaning technology.
- Orientation based on the work of laser sensors, gyroscope and electronic compass.
- Separate reservoir and intelligent water supply.
- Several operating modes + cleaning of large rooms.
- Tracked drive.
- The accessory does not include a motion limiter.
- Cannot be controlled from a smartphone.