As part of this publication, we will look at the new Hobot 368 window cleaning robot. The model appeared on the market in March 2021. This window cleaner has received a new modern design and reduced body dimensions compared to the 100 and 200 series. In addition, the engine has become a little quieter, and the quality of cleaning has improved compared to its predecessors. Next, we will unpack this robot, test it on different surfaces, and also determine the main advantages and disadvantages. So let’s go!
Buy Hobot 368 Window Cleaning Robot on Aliexpress
The Hobot 368 is packed in a neat, compact box. It is quite informative.
The package includes:
- The robot itself is a window cleaner.
- User manual.
- First start guide.
- Spare rings on which napkins are attached (2 pcs.).
- Remote control with batteries.
- Power cable.
- Power Supply.
- DC extension cord.
- Spare microfiber cloths (12 pcs.).
Consider the Hobot 368 window cleaning robot itself. It is white. On the top, we see the start button, safety precautions, the power switch and the connector for the power cable. There are openings on the side for air outlet when the vacuum motor is running. The safety rope is already attached to the robot.
View from above
Let’s see how the robot looks from the bottom side. The napkin rings are already installed on it. They can be easily removed for replacement and service. In general, the robot looks quite stylish, and the build quality is at a high level.
As for the characteristics, I would like to highlight the main ones:
- The minimum window size is 35 * 35 cm.
- Cleaning speed 3.6 min / sq. M.
- Battery life up to 20 minutes.
- Maximum surface drop up to 1.5 mm.
- Noise level 65 dB.
- Dimensions: length 295 mm, width 148 mm, height 95 mm.
- Weight 895 g.
- Power consumption 90 watts.
- There are no restrictions on the thickness of the glass.
It becomes clear that the Hobot 368 is suitable for cleaning small windows. It also does a good job of cleaning medium windows, as you can see in the video (at the end of the review).
I would like to highlight the main functions:
- Management through the application, with a remote control and a button on the body.
- Automatic detection of the boundaries of the cleaned area.
- 3 cleaning modes.
- Possibility of washing frameless glasses.
- Work on different surfaces, including horizontal ones.
As for the operating modes, there are 3. When the main mode is turned on, the robot will first move up from the current position on the window, after which it will start cleaning in zigzag movements. There is also manual control using the appropriate buttons.
In addition, there is a left-to-right cleaning mode. First, the robot moves from the current location to the leftmost border of the window, after which it starts the cleaning process from that place. There is also a right-to-left cleaning mode.
You can also stop the window cleaning process or start a double cleaning cycle with the “2X” button.
All of the above functions are available in the mobile application, it is very convenient.
In addition to all the above functions, when installing the application, you can allow sending Push messages to your smartphone. They will notify you of the end of the cleaning cycle, power outages and possible errors. This is a very important feature that frees the user from observing the robot. For example, if the lights in the apartment are turned off, the robot will let you know by sending a message to the connected smartphone that it needs to be removed from the window as soon as possible. Also at this time a special sound signal will be emitted.
This is all the functionality of the application. The advantage of using the app is that the robot can be controlled from another room, while the signal from the remote control will not penetrate the wall, for example.
As for the tests, we have demonstrated them in as much detail as possible in the review. We recommend watching:
Summary of the review
In conclusion, we will highlight the main advantages and disadvantages that we managed to find after a detailed review and test. Advantages:
- Stylish design and smart construction.
- The reduced height allows the robot to run even on barred windows.
- Several control methods.
- Work on various surfaces, including embossed glass.
- It washes windows well from dust and dirt.
- A large supply of napkins included.
- You can connect Push messages about the status of the work.
- Warranty and service support is provided.
As for the shortcomings, no significant ones were found. There are only a couple of comments and nuances that I would like to talk about.
- Firstly, the robot cannot cope with very heavy dirt. It is more suitable for cleaning dusty windows. If you want to wash a kitchen apron of grease, it is not a fact that it will work the first time, or it will work at all.
- Secondly, the price of the model is about 500 dollars. It’s not exactly cheap, even if you consider the many advantages of the robot.
But right there it is important to note that this is a robot from a well-known manufacturer HOBOT (from the merger of two English words home and robot), which was the first to develop the technology of so-called “walking” robots and continues to lead, as well as delight with the latest developments and high-quality products.
Otherwise, the robot passed all the tests and left a mostly good impression of itself. If you want to automate the process of cleaning small and medium-sized windows, as well as protect yourself from the dangerous washing of windows on the upper floors, you can consider purchasing the 368th Trunk. That’s all for us! Happy shopping everyone!